Equivalent to 3 A Levels
Learn from industry experts
20% classroom, 80% work
R&B switchgear academy
What is our Apprenticeship programme?
Our apprenticeship programme provides hands-on work experience, skill development, and a Level 3 Manufacturing Engineering qualification for a seamless transition from apprenticeship to a skilled profession. You will learn from industry experts, pursue further studies, and receive personalised guidance for career progression. Our rotation plan is designed to give you exposure to all areas of the engineering process, building on a diverse set of skills preparing you for a successful career.
What will I learn?
As an apprentice you will:
- Take on a role within our established engineering team, gaining hands on experience to achieve your engineering qualifications, all with constant support and plenty of personalised training along the way
- Learn a range of modern mechanical and electrical theories and practical techniques, as well as the all-important health and safety to underpin this
- Have a dedicated mentor to support your learning and development within the company
- Develop your knowledge and skills within mechanical and electrical systems where mechanical and electrical parts need maintaining and improving
- See that the right products and systems are in place to ensure safety and quality within electrical engineering
- Learn how to communicate technical information and understand vital teamwork skills
How will I be assessed?
The majority of your learning will take place in the workplace, where your progress will be closely monitored by the Training & Technical Manager to ensure you stay on course to successfully complete each section of the apprenticeship program. Additionally, the college will conduct visits to provide coaching, support, and evaluation, further enhancing your overall progression.
Are you ready to kickstart your career?
If our programme aligns with your ambitions and you have a genuine passion for engineering, take the first step in kickstarting your career. Submit your application today!