We’re looking for a dynamic, solutions focused Fitter/Wireman to join our head office team in Greater Manchester.
R&B Switchgear Group has provided world-class power engineering solutions to a global client base since 1985. Specialising in the design, manufacture, installation and commissioning of LV and HV switchgear and associated assets, we provide turnkey solutions to some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies.
With group companies located throughout the UK, USA and Singapore, the company’s project management and service teams are continually working together to take on complex power distribution projects across international waters.
Your new role
As an experienced Fitter Wireman, you will play a critical part of the manufacturing operation at R&B Switchgear Group. You will demonstrate a sound knowledge of LV switchgear and associated equipment.
You will be responsible for examining technical drawings, specifications and wiring diagrams to determine the method and sequence of operations.
- Wiring and switchboard assembly.
- Operating hand tools, electric tools and associated equipment within the work-shop.
- To ensure every aspect of health and safety compliance is adhered to.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings, specifications and wiring diagrams to determine the method and sequence of operations.
- You will select, cut and lay wires and connects to sockets, plugs or terminals by crimping, soldering, brazing or bolting.
- You will assemble parts and sub-assemblies using hand tools and by brazing, riveting, or welding.
- You will work accurately and efficiently and will be able to adapt between working as part of a team, to an independent working style.
- You will maintain high professional standards and cleanliness whilst performing your duties; as well as following stringent health and safety procedures whilst working on-site and in the workshop.
What will you get in return?
As a business we value our people, because it’s our people who set us apart. As a member of our team, you’ll receive a wide range of benefits including;
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance-related bonus scheme and pay reviews
Investment in training/career development:
- Bespoke training and career development opportunities including professional qualifications and accreditation
A flexible working environment:
- Including an early Friday finish to help employees maximise personal time
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
Health & Wellbeing Benefits:
- Occupational Health Provider
- Company wellbeing workshops
- Access to mental health support and counselling
- Sick pay scheme for those days you need to rest and recover
- Auto-enrolment personal pension scheme which is matched by the company
- Employee referral scheme
- Commission scheme for engineers generating new enquiries
- Discretionary 2 week paid sick leave allowance after probation
- Social committee with calendar of regular social events – all paid for by the business
- Individual recognition and reward schemes including employee of the year celebration
- Free parking
Your skills and background
- All Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years electrical industry experience.
- All Applicants MUST be eligible to live and work in the UK
Our employees benefit from a great work environment, competitive salaries, investment in training & development, and much more.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower everyone. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.
If you have a passion for engineering, a hunger to learn and a positive work ethic then we want to hear from you!