We’re looking for a dynamic, solutions focused Accounts Administrator to join our head office team in Greater Manchester.
R&B Switchgear Group has provided world-class power engineering solutions to a global client base since 1985. Specialising in the design, manufacture, installation and commissioning of LV and HV switchgear and associated assets, we provide turnkey solutions to some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies.
With group companies located throughout the UK, USA and Singapore, the company’s project management and service teams are continually working together to take on complex power distribution projects across international waters.
Your new role
As the new Accounts Administrator you be a key part of the financial team and will report directly to the Financial Controller. The purpose of this role is to provide comprehensive financial support and direction to the management team and the business. An integral part of this will be to lead and manage the day-to-day finance activities.
- Review and verify invoices to ensure compliance to R&B’s policies and procedures for such elements. Including proper authorisation, applicable matching purchase order and delivery notes.
- Prepare invoice batches and input into the accounts payable system on a daily basis to ensure payments are processed in time for the weekly pay runs.Managing new supplier details and entering onto computer systems.
- Processing employee expense claims to ensure accuracy and completeness in line with company policies and procedures.
- Provides advice to clients regarding procedures relating to accounts payable, bank transfers and travel claims.
- Responds to enquiries from suppliers, consultants and clients regarding the status of their payments whilst building and maintaining relationships with suppliers.
- Processing sales invoices and handling any queries.
- Following up debtors, as required.
- Daily banking and reconciliation of bank statement backup.
- To assist in process improvement.
- Processing invoices and handling any queries.
- Purchase Ledger backup and support during busy periods.
- Supporting the Financial Controller as part of month end preparations.
- Supporting payroll processes as required
What you will get in return
As a business we value our people, because it’s our people who set us apart. As a member of our team, you’ll receive a wide range of benefits including;
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance-related bonus scheme and pay reviews
Investment in training/career development:
- Bespoke training and career development opportunities including professional qualifications and accreditation
A flexible working environment:
- Including an early Friday finish to help employees maximise personal time
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
Health & Wellbeing Benefits:
- Occupational Health Provider
- Company wellbeing workshops
- Access to mental health support and counselling
- Sick pay scheme for those days you need to rest and recover
- Auto-enrolment personal pension scheme which is matched by the company
- Employee referral scheme
- Commission scheme for engineers generating new enquiries
- Discretionary 2 week paid sick leave allowance after probation
- Social committee with calendar of regular social events – all paid for by the business
- Individual recognition and reward schemes including employee of the year celebration
- Free parking
Your skills and background
- AAT studier or part qualified
- Previous experience within an Accounts Payable Administrator role
- Experience using Scoro, Xero or similar package.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience gained in a similar discipline and environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong facilitation and organisational skills.
- Ability to work in team environment and on own initiative.
- High degree of computer literacy and numerical skills and a competent user of all Microsoft applications.
- A flexible and enthusiastic individual able to work under pressure, prioritise workload and use own initiative with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience of a working in a manufacturing company would be advantageous.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower everyone. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.
If you have a passion for engineering, a hunger to learn and a positive work ethic then we want to hear from you!